Friday, June 07, 2013

Good Idea Friday - Nail Polish to Brighten Solar Panels

"Rejuvenating solar garden lights — with nail polish! Brilliant!!!"
How to rejuvenate your solar lights : blog.kriegsman.org

Today's good idea post is going to save me a lot of money. Last summer I noticed my solar lights for the garden weren't as bright and nice as they were when I bought them. I switched out the batteries but no luck, so I pulled them all up and put them away, thinking it was probably time to buy new ones. 

Well I never got around to investing in new ones, and I'm really grateful now for that. A little fine grit sandpaper and clear nail polish is all it takes to revive the solar panels on your lights. You can read more about it over on the blog kriegsman.org 

5 comments:

  1. This reminds me of when we had our headlights buffed out by a friend. Hmm...If only I had that much clear nail polish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ! i really found very informative article here and bookmarked this blog. Thank you.

    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Very informative blog.Hope that you will continue to do posting... installers

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a chance you qualify for a new solar energy rebate program.
    Click here to find out if you are qualified now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Get professional trading signals sent to your cell phone every day.

    Start following our trades right now & gain up to 270% daily.

    ReplyDelete