Friday, June 21, 2013

Good Idea Friday - Coloring Your Dresser Pulls

"Color plain dresser pulls with a sharpie and bake!" 

Faux Malachite Knobs : Tea and Lime


When I first saw these I thought for sure it was the good old switch-a-roo, like the spray painted light bulbs I wrote about. These don't look like sharpie covered knobs to me, instead they look like something you could get at Anthropologie for $22 a pop. So I was honestly surprised when I found the blog post about how to make them!

Over at Teal and Lime, Jackie wrote about how she wasn't happy with the pulls that came with a dresser she had bought. So she broke out a sharpie and started coloring them. After letting them dry she baked them at 350° for 30 minutes. They certainly are beautiful, but I was worried that with being knobs, the wear and tear would soon have the ink coming off. I sent her an email and asked how they were holding up. She replied that they were still holding up fairly well, a bit of the color was coming off but that it wasn't enough to bother her yet, plus touch ups won't be hard. Readers of her blog have suggested you could even do a quick lacquer coat with professional spray or even clear nail polish, which is something I would highly recommend if these are going to be used regularly. Another idea would be to use a ceramic marker (which was her original idea until she learned her marker had dried up). But all in all, I think this is a great idea for adding a pop of color to your home without spending a fortune on new pulls.

3 comments:

  1. I will be doing this too. Be sure to check below:
    buy a logo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous25/9/21

    Amazing article.

    Law Coursework Help

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous25/9/21

    Such a wonderful and informative post.

    Law Coursework Writer

    ReplyDelete