Friday, April 24, 2015

Good Idea Friday - Preventing Buttons From Falling Off

Long story short, I have an AMAZING coat I love that my dear husband hunted down from one of my pinterest pins (take note: pinterest is a great way to find the perfect gift for someone! He's always poking around my pinterest boards for gift ideas). But despite how much I love it, I don't love the fact that the freaking metal buttons are always falling off. They cut the string, any string, that I've used to sew them on. To the point that I need to sew them back on at least once a week.

The coat in question - by a company called Just Add Sugar


So I started looking at ways of fixing this problem. I originally thought maybe buying new buttons, but I like the buttons on the coat. So, dental floss? Ehh.. it's white and might be visible from the dark coat and black buttons.

Then I stumbled across this sewing forum post, and gave the hook and eye method a try. Weeks later, the buttons are still on the coat, even after a long camping trip to the Olympic forest that involved a lot of running around and hiking.

What you need is some hook and eye findings, like these:

You just need the "eye" portion, that on the right
This will only work on buttons with shanks, vs buttons with the typical 2 or 4 holes. Loop the eye portion through the shank (I had to use pliers to undo one end, threaded it through, and reclosed it) then simply sew the eye bit onto the coat, not the button.

Ta-da!

Hopefully this helps out anyone else with the problem of buttons popping off. I know there are other solutions out there (sanding the shank down, using waxed thread or dental floss, etc) but this one is so simple and lasting I had to share.


30 comments:

  1. These look amazing. Thanks for sharing this with us. For the business the most important is getting a custom identity so click down below:
    custom logo

    ReplyDelete

  2. Sensible Article! Grateful for offering monster information to us.
    https://www.google.de/url?q=https://hellobestdogbreedsus.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Persian felines are fed a high-quality diet, necessary feline formulated vitamins, kittens care and grooming Here at Marko Persians our cats and kittens are happy, sweet love bunnies, therefore, well socialized Healthy and exquisitely beautiful and unmatched in the Silver Doll Face Industry. Specializing in CFA Persian kittens meeting the breed standard with several coat colors and coat pattern – shades



    Persian Kittens for sale near me
    Persian Kittens for sale
    Persian Kittens for sale near me
    Glock 17 for sale cheap online without License overnight delivery (glockgunstore.com)

    glock 30 for sale

    glock gun store

    beretta 92fs for sale

    sig sauer p938 for sale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous24/9/21

    Excellent and also useful article, thank you for share.


    Law Coursework Help

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing. click this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your article It is very useful us and amazing blog for the users who want to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your article It is very useful us and amazing blog for the users who want to learn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting, wish to see much more like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this great blog. this is here, the few months

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for share your information.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for providing a good quality article.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing excellent information.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!! It was really an Informational Article, keep it up! thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing this insightful blog. If you're on the lookout for law assignment help, your search ends here. We have a dedicated team of experts available round the clock to help you succeed in your endeavors. Feel free to reach out to us for any assignment-related inquiries.

    ReplyDelete

  15. It's really pleasure to read your post. Thank you so much for writing such a nice post

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greetings! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out

    ReplyDelete


  17. Excellent article. I definitely love this website. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete


  18. Very good article. I’m facing many of these issues as well

    ReplyDelete
  19. I’m really glad I have found this information.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice site you got here, very awesome and good content.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks For Sharing Such An Excellent Post Enjoyed Reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello, I’m happy to see some great articles on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Impressive!Thanks for giving me an idea to my site.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It was definitely informative. Your website is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for posting this educative writeup. I really like your means of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for the good story. Considered a great and very useful content.

    ReplyDelete